IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Welcome to Ginga board
Members must read the board rules before posting.

GingaSite | Free Image Galleries | Link to us | Board Masterlist | Futago Shop
Ginga Archives: Tracon 2011 | Animecon 2012

Year 6: Issue 4 of The Ginga Guardian is now online!

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> 2nd Gen Ginga Scanlations, The official topic
Flann
post Apr 28 2009, 02:12 AM
Post #1

Retired Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

Ginga Scanlations
Brought to you by the Ginga Scanlation Team

Updated August 1, 2010

Important News:

I’ve now spoken to Yougurt, and together we came to a decision. For now, we are no longer going to post the Ginga Scanlations on the internet. They will be removed from the Ginga Guardian starting on August 15th so that you have enough time to read them or save them. Since the scanlation websites are going to be taken down, we can no longer host them on one of those websites.

Between now and September, Yougurt and I will be observing what other groups and companies are doing, and we will be working on a legal solution to this problem, but we are not going to reveal what that solution is yet. If it works, it will greatly benefit the Ginga community. If it doesn’t work, we’ll keep working to find a different legal solution. We are not going to rest until the Ginga community can, in some way, see the series we love translated into English. We will give you an update as soon as we have news. Sometime in September, we will give you an update regardless of if we have news or not.

As I said before, we want to see these series translated as much as you do, and we are very committed to this cause. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but in order to ensure that GingaSite and GingaBoard are not shut down, we are complying with the requests of the manga companies who are cracking down on scanlations. But remember, we are not ending the scanlations! We are working hard to make the situation better! smile.gif

This is the official topic for the scanlations of the Ginga series and Yoshihiro's other works, provided by the Ginga Scanlation Team. The Ginga Scanlation Team is affiliated with GingaSite and GingaBoard.

The scanlations are currently being uploaded to OneManga.com, where we are planning to host all future scanlations. Also, new scanlated chapters of Ginga Densetsu Weed will, from now on, be released on the first of each month in GingaBoard's monthly newspaper "The Ginga Guardian," which can be found here.

The scanlations are a free service brought to you by Ginga fans. You may download them, redistribute them, send them to your friends, print them for your own collection, etc. We no longer regulate where they are distributed. The only thing you may not do with them is attempt to sell them or make a profit off of them. This is illegal for anyone (including the team that brought you the scanlations) unless you have licensed the rights to the series.

Where can I find the Ginga scanlations?

We advise that you do not read the mangas at Mangafox, where we previously uploaded the Ginga series. Mangafox is infested with Trojans and other unpleasant things.

We are currently in the process of uploading all the available scanlations of Yoshihiro's mangas to OneManga.com. As each new series is uploaded, the links will be added here. You can read the scanlations and save the pages at OneManga.

The following is a complete, frequently-updated guide to finding, reading, and downloading the scanlations.

Ginga Nagareboshi Gin (GNG)_______________________________________________________________

Translated so far: Volumes 1-8
Future schedule: Released whenever the staff has time. Please do not nag.

Read at OneManga
  • Link Removed (Volumes 1-8)
Read in the Ginga Guardian
  • Link Removed (Year 1: Issue 10 of the Ginga Guardian)
  • Link Removed (Year 2: Issue 1 of the Ginga Guardian)
Direct Download

Ginga Densetsu Weed (GDW)_______________________________________________________________
also known as Ginga Legend Weed (GLW)

Translated so far: Volumes 1-9
Future schedule: New chapters of Ginga Densetsu Weed are released on the first of each month in the Ginga Guardian. Some months may be skipped in favor of scanlating Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion instead.

Read at OneManga
  • Link Removed (Volumes 1-8 and part of 9)
  • Note: Volumes 1-3 (chapters 1-30 on OneManga) were not translated by the Ginga Scanlation Team, but by ComicsOne. They read from left to right. Volumes 4-9 (chapters 30 onward on OneManga) were scanlated by the Ginga Scanlation Team. They read from right to left.
  • Link Removed (Year 1: Issue 3 of the Ginga Guardian)
  • Link Removed (Year 1: Issue 4 of the Ginga Guardian)
  • Link Removed (Year 1: Issue 5 of the Ginga Guardian)
  • Link Removed (Year 1: Issue 7 of the Ginga Guardian)
  • Link Removed (Year 1: Issue 8 of the Ginga Guardian)
  • Link Removed (Year 2: Issue 2 of the Ginga Guardian)
  • Link Removed (Year 2: Issue 3 of the Ginga Guardian)
Direct Download

What's up with the first three volumes of Ginga Densetsu Weed?

The first three volumes of Ginga Densetsu Weed were not scanlated by the Ginga Scanlation Team, but were officially translated by the company ComicsOne, which has since gone out of business. The Ginga Scanlation Team picked up where ComicsOne left off.

Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion (GDWO)_________________________________________________________

Translated so far: Volume 1, Chapter 1
Future schedule: New chapters of Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion are released on the first of each month in the Ginga Guardian. Some months may be skipped in favor of scanlating Ginga Densetsu Weed instead.

Read at OneManga
  • Not yet available
  • Link Removed (Year 1: Issue 8 of the Ginga Guardian)
  • Link Removed (Year 2: Issue 4 of the Ginga Guardian)
  • Link Removed (Year 2: Issue 5 of the Ginga Guardian)
Direct Download

Ginga Densetsu Riki (GDR)__________________________________________________________________

Translated so far: Entire volume

Read at OneManga
  • Link Removed (Entire volume)

Weed Gaiden_____________________________________________________________________________

Translated so far: Entire volume

Read at OneManga
  • Link Removed (Entire volume)

Shin Gaiden______________________________________________________________________________

Translated so far: GNG Business Jump Story

Read at OneManga
  • Not yet available
  • Link Removed (Year 1: Issue 5 of the Ginga Guardian)
  • Link Removed (Year 1: Issue 6 of the Ginga Guardian)
  • Link Removed (Year 1: Issue 7 of the Ginga Guardian)
Direct Download

Kacchû No Senshi Gamu____________________________________________________________________

Translated so far: Entire series

Read at OneManga
  • Link Removed (Entire series)

Lassie________________________________________________________________________________

Translated so far: Entire series

Read at OneManga
  • Link Removed (Entire series)

Byakuren no Fang_________________________________________________________________________

Translated so far: Volume 1, chapter 1
We are waiting until at least one volume is finished before sending this series to OneManga.

Yuuta and Shiro___________________________________________________________________________

Translated so far: Entire story

Read on GingaBoard

If you have any questions about the scanlations, you may ask them here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mitchfoxbane
post Apr 28 2009, 03:09 AM
Post #2

Proud to be GDW Anime Hater and loves reading comic books
Group Icon

Member No.: 10

Wow! This is such a great development for Ginga fandom about those manga.

Now I have a question to ask....

As for the new translated chapters of Ginga Densetsu Weed manga, would it be shown in pictures of translated pages or just showing the translated text in the posts of Ginga Guardian topic?

+Quote Post
Flann
post Apr 28 2009, 04:21 AM
Post #3

Retired Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mitchfoxbane @ Apr 27 2009, 09:09 PM) *
As for the new translated chapters of Ginga Densetsu Weed manga, would it be shown in pictures of translated pages or just showing the translated text in the posts of Ginga Guardian topic?

There will be actual translated pages. smile.gif Not just text.

+Quote Post
Frozenstar
post Apr 28 2009, 11:35 AM
Post #4

blaidd drwg wastad
Group Icon

Member No.: 419

Hooray for pages! This isn't a question so much as a suggestion, but do you guys enhance the inages? I've just noticed that sometimes the manga pages are brown colored and fuzzy, all of which can be pretty easily fixed in Photoshop or something by removing the color and sharpening the edges. Black-and-white also makes the image take up less space on your computer. Just saying. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Tora
post Apr 28 2009, 02:21 PM
Post #5

~Akita with Kai blood~
Group Icon

Member No.: 12

Hooray for reading them GNG again!

Maybe it's me that's blind, but; how do you download it?

+Quote Post
Mitchfoxbane
post Apr 28 2009, 02:29 PM
Post #6

Proud to be GDW Anime Hater and loves reading comic books
Group Icon

Member No.: 10

I have two more questions to ask....

1) Where would the old translated GDW manga volumes 4-8 be?

2) Would the translated GDW manga volumes 1, 2 and 3 be up in MangaFox?
Some of the fans wish to buy those volumes but nowadays those translated volumes 1-3 are hard to find in stores and several of them are forbidden to pay online for the manga.

+Quote Post
Flann
post Apr 28 2009, 03:38 PM
Post #7

Retired Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Frozenstar @ Apr 28 2009, 05:35 AM) *
Hooray for pages! This isn't a question so much as a suggestion, but do you guys enhance the inages? I've just noticed that sometimes the manga pages are brown colored and fuzzy, all of which can be pretty easily fixed in Photoshop or something by removing the color and sharpening the edges. Black-and-white also makes the image take up less space on your computer. Just saying. biggrin.gif

I don't think Yougurt enhances the images when she assembles them (she has assembled all of the scanlations thus far), but since I am putting the new GG-posted GDW pages together, I am enhancing them. ^^ I've desaturated the pages and enhanced the levels. You are quite free to tell me how the new pages look to you when they're posted!

QUOTE (Tora @ Apr 28 2009, 08:21 AM) *
Maybe it's me that's blind, but; how do you download it?

They aren't downloadable on GingaSite, but on MangaFox you can just right-click and save the image to your computer. I'm not sure how to download them in bulk though.

QUOTE (Mitchfoxbane @ Apr 28 2009, 08:29 AM) *
1) Where would the old translated GDW manga volumes 4-8 be?

2) Would the translated GDW manga volumes 1, 2 and 3 be up in MangaFox?
Some of the fans wish to buy those volumes but nowadays those translated volumes 1-3 are hard to find in stores and several of them are forbidden to pay online for the manga.

1) They will be back up on GingaSite when GingaSite is next updated. I'm not sure if Yougurt is sending the GDW mangas to MangaFox, but I imagine she will.

2) The first three English GDW mangas have nothing to do with the Ginga Scanlation Team, so we will not be uploading them to MangaFox. Those were translated by a company that licensed them, so uploading them there might get us into legal trouble (I don't think MangaFox allows the uploading of licensed mangas). I think there is a link for the download of those three mangas in the Downloads section of GB though.

+Quote Post
Tora
post Apr 28 2009, 04:23 PM
Post #8

~Akita with Kai blood~
Group Icon

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Flann @ Apr 28 2009, 04:38 PM) *
They aren't downloadable on GingaSite, but on MangaFox you can just right-click and save the image to your computer. I'm not sure how to download them in bulk though.

Aha, now I understand. Even though I knew bout GS, it was MF I meant. ^^

+Quote Post
darkpheonixchild
post Apr 28 2009, 09:19 PM
Post #9

Lost Light.
Group Icon

Member No.: 374

Wow I can't wait for the new scanslations you guys have done. I'm really happy you are all still working so hard too get them all tranlated too english for us all. Keep up the great work. I cant wait for more GNG too, take all the time you need for it.

When you post them well they come up like the older one used too where it has the option of using the arrow at the bottme too go too the next page or will it be links pics like on the first GG with the pics on there? I hope you get what I mean I'm bad at explaning things at times.

I think it is a great idea you have a scheduled release. You guys most have done loads of it too have it on the first of every month for a new part. I take it, it will be one new chaper a month.

+Quote Post
Flann
post Apr 28 2009, 10:24 PM
Post #10

Retired Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (darkpheonixchild @ Apr 28 2009, 03:19 PM) *
When you post them well they come up like the older one used too where it has the option of using the arrow at the bottme too go too the next page or will it be links pics like on the first GG with the pics on there? I hope you get what I mean I'm bad at explaning things at times.

I think it is a great idea you have a scheduled release. You guys most have done loads of it too have it on the first of every month for a new part. I take it, it will be one new chaper a month.

I'm glad you appreciate it! When they are posted in the GG, they will be links to the separate pages (no "next" or "back" buttons). I don't think I'll be making thumbnails because there are quite a lot of pages. Also, I think we'll be aiming for one to three new chapters for each GG issue, depending on how much time the team has that month. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Frozenstar
post Apr 28 2009, 10:29 PM
Post #11

blaidd drwg wastad
Group Icon

Member No.: 419

QUOTE (Flann @ Apr 28 2009, 05:24 PM) *
I'm glad you appreciate it! When they are posted in the GG, they will be links to the separate pages (no "next" or "back" buttons). I don't think I'll be making thumbnails because there are quite a lot of pages. Also, I think we'll be aiming for one to three new chapters for each GG issue, depending on how much time the team has that month. smile.gif

Darn, the booklets were so cool tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Flann
post Apr 28 2009, 10:42 PM
Post #12

Retired Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Frozenstar @ Apr 28 2009, 04:29 PM) *
Darn, the booklets were so cool tongue.gif

Well, when they're posted on GingaSite they'll probably be in those "booklet" things. At least this way you can save the pages to your computer.

+Quote Post
Kasi
post Apr 28 2009, 11:18 PM
Post #13

Not the only one
Group Icon

Group: FIG manager
Member No.: 13

Great news and many thanks to eveyones hard work in it! I can't wait to be able to read it again =D Also great that we can now save the pages to our computers, that'll be very convienent for me as I'm not use to reading online much =)

+Quote Post
caninesrock
post Apr 29 2009, 10:42 PM
Post #14

Chocolate is like oxygen. We need a constant supply of it.
Group Icon

Group: GG Reporter
Member No.: 214

That's great. tongue.gif Thanks for the translations.

+Quote Post
charyasha
post May 6 2009, 01:35 AM
Post #15

Follower
Group Icon

Member No.: 594

thank you sooo much smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dobutsu
post May 9 2009, 03:52 PM
Post #16

Newcomer
Group Icon

Member No.: 545

This is so awesome! I am so happy about this! By the way I have one question to ask myself. When is Ginga Densetsu Weed going to be uploaded on mangafox?

+Quote Post
Flann
post May 9 2009, 07:19 PM
Post #17

Retired Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Dobutsu @ May 9 2009, 09:52 AM) *
This is so awesome! I am so happy about this! By the way I have one question to ask myself. When is Ginga Densetsu Weed going to be uploaded on mangafox?

I imagine it will be sent to MangaFox after GingaSite is updated, but when it will be uploaded is out of our hands. We've sent Lassie, Riki, and Gamu to MangaFox a couple weeks back, but they still haven't uploaded it.

+Quote Post
Dobutsu
post May 9 2009, 07:57 PM
Post #18

Newcomer
Group Icon

Member No.: 545

QUOTE (Flann @ May 9 2009, 01:19 PM) *
I imagine it will be sent to MangaFox after GingaSite is updated, but when it will be uploaded is out of our hands. We've sent Lassie, Riki, and Gamu to MangaFox a couple weeks back, but they still haven't uploaded it.

Alright. Thanks for the info!

+Quote Post
Kurojaki
post May 13 2009, 08:58 PM
Post #19

"He serves us all to keep his country free."
Group Icon

Member No.: 546

Okay, you might hate me for this, but it says that GNG got 51 votes and GDW got 36 votes. So... Shouldn't we doing GNG?

Okay... Hate me, please. Get mad at me. But, all the same, thanks for the translations. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Arano
post May 13 2009, 10:27 PM
Post #20

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Kurojaki @ May 13 2009, 08:58 PM) *
Okay, you might hate me for this, but it says that GNG got 51 votes and GDW got 36 votes. So... Shouldn't we doing GNG?

Okay... Hate me, please. Get mad at me. But, all the same, thanks for the translations. smile.gif

GNG is being translated on a separate schedule coinciding with GingaSite. It is only GDW that's being carried on through the Ginga Guardian.

New chapters of Ginga Nagareboshi Gin and other series are not on a schedule, so they are released whenever the staff has time. Please do not nag. Volume 7 is almost complete and volume 8 is on its way. These will not be available on the Internet until GingaSite is updated.

Weed Gaiden is almost complete.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 04:54 PM