IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Welcome to Ginga board
Members must read the board rules before posting.

GingaSite | Free Image Galleries | Link to us | Board Masterlist | Futago Shop
Ginga Archives: Tracon 2011 | Animecon 2012

Year 6: Issue 4 of The Ginga Guardian is now online!

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spoiler thread, Spoilers from the manga
Mitchfoxbane
post Jan 3 2012, 12:54 PM
Post #21

Proud to be GDW Anime Hater and loves reading comic books
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

Today I got volumes 9, 12, 13 and 14 of Shiroi Senshi Yamato in 3rd editions and I have something to give you a spoiler about this psycho African Wild Dog Sahara....

SPOILER
At the end of volume 11, it is stopped at Sahara luring Yamato down to the tunnels where he had a python coiled around this wild dog waiting to strike Yamato.
In volume 12, Yamato was in trouble fighting against a python when Musashi interrupts it by fighting the python and giving Yamato the time to fight Sahara. Then, the enraged Sahara grabs Musashi and tries to use the puppy as a hostage when the python wraps around the wild dog instead and swallows him up while Yamato and Musashi left the burrow.
However, Sahara's fate did not end when he chewed himself out of the python's stomach determined and angry for not leaving his fight unfinished. At the climax of the Safari arc, Sahara appears on the roof of the building (and covered with the python's stomach juice...yuck) and jumps down to kill several dogs of White Wolf's pack until Yamato appears and finishes his final fight once and for all by using the combined attacks he had learned in the dog-fighting ring 'Neck Rolling', 'Kaiten Jigoku' and 'Swing Circle' until the wild dog was dead.
To elaborate this final fight of Yamato vs Sahara...Yamato charges in and hits Sahara and sent him flying which stopped him from killing more dogs. Then, Yamato used neck-rolling on Sahara, tore the wild dog's throat, grabbed Sahara's ankle and smashed him to the ground several times before violently spinning him around like a bolas many times while holding his ankle until Sahara coughed out blood and his face got badly mutiliated.
Normally, Yamato's fights with other dogs in dog-fighting do not end with killing his opponents but this is when you should not piss off Yamato at all...
In the end, Shimonseiji (Sahara's owner) retreated from the building as he did not want to get captured by police. He flew on the helicopter and had the building rigged with a bomb. Of course, for Yamato, the dogs and owners had a happy ending as they ran out of the building to safety before it exploded.

This post has been edited by Mitchfoxbane: Jan 3 2012, 12:58 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thylacine
post Jan 3 2012, 02:34 PM
Post #22

Friend
Group Icon

Member No.: 300

The third edition is the one with this cover design , right? I have 1 through 10 of that edition.
Man, Yamato really beats Sahara to a pulp. XD
I'd like to ask...what exactly happens at the end? It's kind of obvious that Yamato wins and he's hailed as one of the greatest fighting dogs of Japan and yadda yadda...

+Quote Post
Mitchfoxbane
post Jan 3 2012, 03:30 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

QUOTE (Thylacine @ Jan 3 2012, 09:34 PM) *
I'd like to ask...what exactly happens at the end? It's kind of obvious that Yamato wins and he's hailed as one of the greatest fighting dogs of Japan and yadda yadda...

You mean at the final volume (volume 14 for 3rd edition)?
Yamato's last opponent for the dog fight was KaiO (note that this link comes from Finnish Gingapedia). His fight was very tough and hard - despite using his attacks such as Boomerang Sappo and Swing Circle, it failed miserably as KaiO kept blocking his attacks, grabbed Yamato's belly and wounds him badly. KaiO's technique of defeating his opponents is disembowelment which is also fatal to most dogs. Yamato who had KaiO disembowelling him tried to block the Tosa Mastiff but to no avail, the fight went on and both dogs (Yamato and KaiO) were losing a lot of blood until both owners Ryo Fujiwara (Yamato's owner) and Amanai Kaoru (KaiO's owner) had to throw in the towels to end the match. Thus, the final fight ended with a draw and of course, Yamato became the official dog-fighting champion.
By the way, in the epilogue, as Tsurugi's owner had died in the hospital from illness, Toshio Tachibana (Ryo Fujiwara's rival) had adopted the dog. And also note that Tsurugi is one of the few dogs Yamato did not defeat because his original fight ended with Tsurugi following his sick owner to the hospital after he had fainted during the dog-fighting match.

+Quote Post
Thylacine
post Jan 3 2012, 04:58 PM
Post #24

Friend
Group Icon

Thanks Mitch. smile.gif
I kinda like that ending, honestly...not some epic fight where Yamato overcomes all odds and beats his enemy in an epic fashion, but just a draw.
Tsurugi looks like a predecessor to Riki. happy.gif
Does this character appear in any of the volumes you have? I'd like to know a bit more about him.

+Quote Post
Mitchfoxbane
post Jan 8 2012, 12:55 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

QUOTE (Thylacine @ Jan 3 2012, 11:58 PM) *
Thanks Mitch. smile.gif
I kinda like that ending, honestly...not some epic fight where Yamato overcomes all odds and beats his enemy in an epic fashion, but just a draw.
Tsurugi looks like a predecessor to Riki. happy.gif
Does this character appear in any of the volumes you have? I'd like to know a bit more about him.

Sorry for not answering earlier!

Blue Tiger the Tosa mastiff appears in volume 12 for the 3rd edition of Shiroi Senshi Yamato manga. Not only that this dog has blue and stripes painted on his body, Blue Tiger wears the iron dentures in his mouth that helps him (or rather cheats) to win the fights. Thanks to his iron dentures, he has an attack called Guillotine Sappou ( ギロチン殺法 ) in which he could grab the paw or any body part of an opponent and bites it off like a twig.
Blue Tiger and his brothers Tetsukimen and Kabuki (who looks like an ordinary Tosa except that he wears a ninja mask before the dog fight starts) are owned by a man who is dressed like a ninja.

+Quote Post
Thylacine
post Jan 8 2012, 02:26 PM
Post #26

Friend
Group Icon

Sorry for not answering earlier!

Blue Tiger the Tosa mastiff appears in volume 12 for the 3rd edition of Shiroi Senshi Yamato manga. Not only that this dog has blue and stripes painted on his body, Blue Tiger wears the iron dentures in his mouth that helps him (or rather cheats) to win the fights. Thanks to his iron dentures, he has an attack called Guillotine Sappou ( ギロチン殺法 ) in which he could grab the paw or any body part of an opponent and bites it off like a twig.
Blue Tiger and his brothers Tetsukimen and Kabuki (who looks like an ordinary Tosa except that he wears a ninja mask before the dog fight starts) are owned by a man who is dressed like a ninja.

It's okay. happy.gif Thank you so much for the info! biggrin.gif
So Blue Tiger is brother to 'rock-headed' Tetsukimen and Kabuki? Interesting...
The 'iron dentures' thing reminds me of Thunder and Lecter's steel-coated fangs (I'm sorry if that was only in the GDW anime, it's been a while since I read or watched the series. sweat.gif )
It seems like a lot of stuff from SSY inspired stuff in the other Ginga series (such as the Battouga and Boomerang Sappō, The neck rolling and "neck the killing", etc) Kinda makes me wish Yoshi would find a way to connect the two storylines, heh.

+Quote Post
littlekitsune1
post Apr 17 2013, 12:40 AM
Post #27

Michael Bay is missing his horse. Reward.
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,140

I just recently got the SSY mangas, and though I haven't read the entire thing yet, I thought I would try and answer some questions here. Note that I've only been skimming the actual text.

I know Yamato becomes a great champion but does his dad Fubuki die? His brother Hayate probably is someone he has to fight in combat right?

Yes, at the beginning Fubuki is shot. There is a flashback of him being left to watch the family baby. When the owner leaves for a bit, some vicious wild dogs take the opportunity to attack. Fubuki does his best to fend off as many as he can at once, but a few slip past him and tear off the baby's arm. Hearing her scream, the owner rushes back, only to find his granddaughter has gone into shock and presumably died from her injuries. Having succeeded in chasing the wild dogs off, Fubuki returns, carrying the baby's arm in his mouth to show his owner he failed. Seeing this, the man thinks Fubuki did it and beats him with a log until he is bloody and unmoving. Fubuki stayed at the area for two days until finally slinking off into the wilderness, where he became the boss of a pack that has to steal from farms to survive. His old owner hears of this, and - still seething with hatred for what he believes his dog to have done - joins the group of hunters to shoot down the pack. When young Yamato trips during their escape, Fubuki stops to help him, turning to snarl at the attackers, where one of the hunters takes the opportunity to put a bullet in his brain. As they are about to shoot the puppy, Yamato's future owner, Ryou, saves him.

Later, Fubuki's owner appears again. Yamato was visiting his creepy taxidermy of Fubuki, and the old man tries to kill him, recognizing him as Fubuki's son. However, Yamato later saves him from a fire, winning the trust of the old man, who then teaches him the fighting dog move: Jaw Crash.

As for Hayate, Yamato first met him after befriending the fox kit. Hayate's owner (I forget his name...) was a hunter and ended up killing it, and later a helpless bear cub, which enraged Yamato and caused him and his brother to fight (they didn't know they were brothers at the time). Hayate defeats Yamato, and so conveniently forgetting they hated him for killing baby animals for fun Ryou suggested that Hayate's owner make him a fighting dog. So far they haven't fought in the ring, but I will edit this if they do.

Edit: They do indeed fight in an unofficial match, just to show off Hayate's new attack "Neck Rolling", which is capable of decapitating a bear. It's identical to Joe's "Neck the Killing" in GDW. Later they do fight in the official ring, and are evenly matched, until Hayate ends the match prematurely by leaving the ring to attack Simone (Sahara's "owner") when he senses his bad intentions.

This is nothing that important, but in the first book in chapter one when the humans are looking for Fubuki and his pack, what breed of dogs are those after them? They look like Dalmations but I'm not really sure...

I don't know. The same kind of dogs appear later in the manga on this page (sorry for hideous quality) I want to say they are Spotted German Spaniels , but I'm probably wrong.

They are definitely not Dalmations, as they are hunting dogs, and Dalmations were only bred to look pretty next to carriages. Dalmations don't have that face mask, either. My personal guess is English Pointer

---

As for names, I don't want to sound like a know-it-all since one never knows with Katakana names, but to my knowledge, "ラガー" translates to "Rugger", as in someone who plays Rugby, so Arano's theory is very plausible. If I get any more info on his ball, I will edit this post. Edit: Rugger's ball appears to just be a soccer ball, but it weighs 10 kilos and is used for training (they don't say what kind of training, but Rugby is a definite possibility, since he is not originally a fighting dog.)

And Vierun/Bayern, is written バイエルン, which to my knowledge (and the knowledge of multiple dictionaries) is the Japanese word for "Bavaria." Considering he's from Germany, this name makes sense.

---

Myths I've noticed: Musashi (the Tosa puppy) is far from a coward. He has stood up to many evil/vicious dogs and protects Yamato as much as Yamato protects him. He was already confronting Sahara when Seiran intervened and was killed.

The stone-head dog's name is not "Dynamite", but "Tetsukimen." Dynamite Crash is the name of his attack.

"Riyua"s name is actually "Ryuu" and he is listed as a Shikoku (a breed Yoshi rarely draws).

It's not really an important arc, but there IS a wolf in the manga. The second Musashi is mixed with Japanese Wolf (he might actually be purebred wolf, but the chapter title is "The Wolf Dog" so I assume he's a mix). Several Japanese Wolf taxidermies also appear in that arc. Ryou and his friends also thought Hubb (the collie) was a wolf when they first saw him, lol.

---

It's confirmed several times that Yamato is in fact an Akita.

---

To add to Mizzkie's list, Mach (Saint Bernard) represents Switzerland, Grease (English Mastiff) represents America, Big One (Bordeaux) represents France, and I don't believe Londo or Rugger's countries are mentioned.

---

Finally finished it, and it's not a tie at the end. Both dogs are grievously injured, so they both throw in the towel, but the opponent's hits the ground first, naming Yamato the winner.

This post has been edited by littlekitsune1: Apr 22 2013, 06:40 AM

+Quote Post
karafuto ken
post Apr 29 2014, 11:54 PM
Post #28

Follower
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,601

Can someone scan all the pages dandy bill is on.or if not describe them in great detail. Also what did shiyoko do after he died?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2014 - 08:41 PM