IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Welcome to Ginga board
Members must read the board rules before posting.

GingaSite | Free Image Galleries | Link to us | Board Masterlist | Futago Shop
Ginga Archives: Tracon 2011 | Animecon 2012

Year 6: Issue 5 of The Ginga Guardian is now online!

Want to be the board's new RPG development team? We need some experts!

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Warning Reductions - Mod for a day
Crystal
post Feb 1 2010, 06:22 PM
Post #1

I'm at your service.
Group Icon

Group: RPG & TAS Manager
Member No.: 30

GingaBoard "Mod for a Day" Warning Reduction Program

Members who have received warnings for rule-breaking can work off their warnings through the "Mod for a Day" project on the board. The premise behind this is to get warned members back into feeling that they are part of our community, and to help them learn the rules better.

How does it work?
You help the staff members out with moderation duties to help lessen their workload. The tasks you receive will be based on whatever one of the staff members needs help with at the time. These tasks may include checking new posts for rule-breaking (giving the member a chance to learn the rules better), sifting through FIG posts to check for broken links, or helping with some larger task. Tasks will be given to members upon request (see below), but keep in mind that we may not always have tasks available.

How to ask for a task:
PM a Staff member asking for a 'Mod for a Day' task. After checking how long you have had your warning(s) for, the staff will add your username to a list that operates on a first come, first served basis. When a task becomes available, it will be given to the first suitable person on that list, and so on and so fourth.

How much of my warning will you take off?
The staff members decide what task they want performed on an individual basis, and they decide how much of a warning they will want to take off depending on the size of the task. When a task is available for you, you will be told by that staff member the task and how much warning they will take off upon completing it.

Can I decline a task for any reason?
Yes. The task you decline will simply be given to someone else, and you will have to wait for another one if you still want to remain in the queue.

What happens if I don't complete the task?
If you do not complete the task, of course no warning reduction will take place. Your username will then be removed from the queue.

When can I start?
You can start working off your warning when your warning is one month old. This gives the staff time to asses your improvement (see the next section).

So, you're assessing my improvement?
Yes. Before the warning reduction takes place, we must see that the member really has improved (for instance, that member is no longer double posting, no longer spamming, no longer being disrespectful, etc). This is why we make you wait a month before working off your warning; we want to give you the opportunity to show us that you have learned from your mistakes.

What if my behavior hasn't improved?
If we don’t think your behavior is improving, we will ask you to wait another month before giving you the opportunity to participate in the Mod for a Day program.

Do I have to work off my warnings?
Nope! You’re free to just keep them around if you want to.

I’m going to be really angry if I get another warning after I work this one off!
We won’t be too thrilled about it either. Just please abide by our rules and you shouldn’t have a problem! ;D

I have a question!
Post it here or PM one of the admins! smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Arano
post May 31 2011, 09:15 PM
Post #2

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

Updated for clarity.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 10:08 PM