IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Welcome to Ginga board
Members must read the board rules before posting.

GingaSite | Free Image Galleries | Link to us | Board Masterlist | Futago Shop
Ginga Archives: Tracon 2011 | Animecon 2012

Year 6: Issue 5 of The Ginga Guardian is now online!

Want to be the board's new RPG development team? We need some experts!

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Rules and Mission Statement, New Members Must Read
Flann
post Apr 10 2008, 01:51 PM
Post #1

Retired Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

GingaBoard Rules and Mission Statement

Our Mission___________________________________________________________________________

GingaBoard is a forum based on the works of Yoshihiro Takahashi, and is built around the idea of a community in which everyone is welcome and respected. Everyone’s suggestions and opinions are welcomed as ways to improve our community. To ensure that everyone is treated fairly, there is not one board “ruler,” but admins, who equally share the responsibilities and ownership of the board and keep each other in check.

Rules________________________________________________________________________________

Note: Administrators are exempt from the rules wherever they see fit.

1. Respect each other. We take this rule very seriously. This includes respecting others’ religions, nationalities, sexual orientations, opinions, suggestions, abilities, disabilities and member privacy. For example, saying “That’s so gay/retarded", or using other derogatory slurs is unacceptable. Disrespecting the staff outside of GingaBoard will also get you into trouble here.

2. Each person is allowed only one account on Ginga Board.

3. Do not double post (this means posting one post right after another of your own posts). Edit your previous post instead.

4. Do not spam. Spamming is posting a topic or post with no discussion potential. Spamming includes (but is not limited to) posting a new topic if a similar topic already exists (use the search function or browse the board before making a new topic), posting a topic in the wrong section (if you have a question about where something goes, PM one of the admins and ask), posting anything other than bids or questions in auction topics, posting text in the Free Image Galleries, and quote-only posts/unnecessary topic bumping.

5. Du not tak lyk diz we mite desyd 2 ban u. ALSO, DON'T TYPE IN ALL CAPS, IT'S ANNOYING AND HARD TO READ. and also use periods and commas to break up your sentences it can get really hard to read it's annoying you will get warned for it.

6. Do not push others to hurry up with projects, complain about how slow someone is being with a project, or demand that they do something, jokingly or otherwise. This includes the GingaSite translations, and applies when talking to GingaBoard admins outside of GingaBoard too.

7. Do not post graphics, works of art, or writings that are not your own (this includes posting images in the Free Image Gallery that were not scanned or screencapped by you).

8. Do not post images (in their original or altered forms) from GingaSite or GingaBoard anywhere on the internet, including on GingaBoard. The only exceptions are the images from the Free Image Galleries. You may do whatever you want with those images.

9. Do not post or link to sexual or disturbing content (including images and videos). Anything from the Ginga series may be shared and discussed here, but if an image from the series could be considered sexual or disturbing, it should be linked to, not posted with the image code, so that members see the image only if they decide to click the link.

10. Regarding signatures, you may have no more two images in your signature, and signature images may be no larger than 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall. Animated images, embedded Youtube videos, and blurbs that show what songs you're listening to are not allowed. Emoticons and "click me to make me grow" images count towards your two-image limit. Do not let your signatures get overly large.

11. If you see someone breaking any of GingaBoard's rules, report the post and do not reprimand the rule-breaker on your own (this is referred to as mini-modding). Moderating is the staff's job. The only exception is when someone creates a topic that already exists; then it is alright to politely link them to the existing topic, but please report the topic as well so that the staff can close it.

12. You are responsible for reading any rule topics posted in forums or subforums before posting there. If you break any of those rules, you will be held accountable just as if it were a rule stated here. Currently there are such rule topics in the Free Image Galleries, RPG Section, Original Fiction subforum, each subforum in the Fan Section (Art, Graphics, Music Videos and Other, Fiction, Websites and Member Projects, Competitions & Meets) and most subforums in the Auction Section (Auctions, Trading Post (each Trading Post topic's first post contains any special rules which you are expected to read as well), and Requests).

Staff to Contact_______________________________________________________________________

If you have any questions or concerns about the rules or anything else during your GingaBoard membership, please contact one of the staff members or post your concern in this topic.

Current Staff Members
Updated: January 2011
Arano
Board Administrator
Board areas: Everywhere, but specifically Main, Community, Fan Section.
Crystal
RPG and TAS Manager
Board areas: RPG Section, Talk and Spam (TAS), Last one to post Wins (LOTPW).
Also the Editor and Publisher of The Ginga Guardian.
Kasi
FIG and ATP Manager
Manages the Free Image Gallery (FIG), Auction and Trading Post (ATP).

Check our FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) topic here to see if your question has already been answered!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ollie-san
post Jul 18 2009, 10:57 PM
Post #2

Animal Obsessed
Group Icon

Member No.: 955

On rule 8, does that mean I can't post images I have edited even though they're from the show GNG or GDW?

This post has been edited by Ollie-san: Jul 18 2009, 10:58 PM

+Quote Post
Flann
post Jul 19 2009, 12:24 AM
Post #3

Retired Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ollie-san @ Jul 18 2009, 03:57 PM) *
On rule 8, does that mean I can't post images I have edited even though they're from the show GNG or GDW?

No, not exactly. smile.gif It means that you can't take images from GingaBoard or GingaSite, and use them somewhere else on the internet. For example, you can't take the image at the top of the board (the one that says "Ginga Board in cooperation with GingaSite.net") and use it on your own website. Nor can you take one of our base avatars, turn it into your own character, and post it to DeviantART. Those sorts of things are not allowed. You can take images from GingaBoard's Free Image Galleries and do whatever you'd like with them, but you can't take any other images from GingaBoard or GingaSite. Do you understand? ^^

+Quote Post
Ollie-san
post Jul 19 2009, 02:28 AM
Post #4

Animal Obsessed
Group Icon

Member No.: 955

QUOTE (Flann @ Jul 18 2009, 07:24 PM) *
No, not exactly. smile.gif It means that you can't take images from GingaBoard or GingaSite, and use them somewhere else on the internet. For example, you can't take the image at the top of the board (the one that says "Ginga Board in cooperation with GingaSite.net") and use it on your own website. Nor can you take one of our base avatars, turn it into your own character, and post it to DeviantART. Those sorts of things are not allowed. You can take images from GingaBoard's Free Image Galleries and do whatever you'd like with them, but you can't take any other images from GingaBoard or GingaSite. Do you understand? ^^

Yes! Thank you very very much.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fangs of Evergreen_*
post Sep 1 2009, 06:40 PM
Post #5

Guests

My signature isn't too big now, is it? Rules say no more than two images, but I just wanted to double-check.

+Quote Post
Flann
post Sep 1 2009, 11:54 PM
Post #6

Retired Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fangs of Evergreen @ Sep 1 2009, 11:40 AM) *
My signature isn't too big now, is it? Rules say no more than two images, but I just wanted to double-check.

It's not too big - you're fine! Thanks for checking. smile.gif

+Quote Post
scene
post Sep 19 2009, 10:07 AM
Post #7

Live your dream
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,103

Thank you for these information. Now everybody know better what to do and what to not do in GB. Thanks
sirius.gif

+Quote Post
Anarance
post Oct 6 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #8

Legend
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 894

I wish other boards would have rules like this...

+Quote Post
Invader-Yim
post Oct 13 2009, 09:47 PM
Post #9

Newcomer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,134

OK....One question though. Should we NOT bump into old topics?

+Quote Post
Punjab
post Oct 13 2009, 09:51 PM
Post #10

who turgled
Group Icon

Group: GB Adviser
Member No.: 917

yeah, you can bump old threads. weed.gif

+Quote Post
Tora
post Oct 13 2009, 10:03 PM
Post #11

~Akita with Kai blood~
Group Icon

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Flann @ Apr 10 2008, 02:51 PM) *
GingaBoard Rules and Mission Statement

3. Do not double post (this means posting one post right after another of your own posts). Edit your previous post instead.

I have a suggestion to this so it be easier for new members; a screenshot of where the edit buttom is. Since I remember when I was new and didn't know where it was (or even what it was). Or shall I make a suggestion topic about this in the Ginga Board forum/topic?

+Quote Post
Flann
post Oct 13 2009, 11:49 PM
Post #12

Retired Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Invader-Yim @ Oct 13 2009, 02:47 PM) *
OK....One question though. Should we NOT bump into old topics?

Yes, you may bump old topics, as long as you were not the last poster in the old topic (so you don't double post). If you want to bump an old topic that you were the last poster in, please contact an admin for permission. smile.gif

QUOTE (Tora @ Oct 13 2009, 03:03 PM) *
I have a suggestion to this so it be easier for new members; a screenshot of where the edit buttom is. Since I remember when I was new and didn't know where it was (or even what it was). Or shall I make a suggestion topic about this in the Ginga Board forum/topic?

We're working on some posting tutorials actually, so we'll include that. smile.gif Thanks for the suggestion!

+Quote Post
39-TheWolf
post Oct 19 2009, 02:22 AM
Post #13

I think the reason I was born alone was so we could meet.
Group Icon

Group: GG Reporter
Member No.: 1,126

Excuse me, first off I wanted to apologize about the double posting... i forgot... and I wanted to ask if in the future if I wanted to point something out, like bringing abuse up, or if I wanted to let someone know of an update on my own comic, or possibly let them know of something that i found on deviantart or uploaded to my DA page; would I have to ask permission before doing so? Or would that be alright?

Once again I apologize about forgetting a rule... (is ashamed)

+Quote Post
Flann
post Oct 19 2009, 02:31 AM
Post #14

Retired Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (39-TheWolf @ Oct 18 2009, 07:22 PM) *
Excuse me, first off I wanted to apologize about the double posting... i forgot... and I wanted to ask if in the future if I wanted to point something out, like bringing abuse up, or if I wanted to let someone know of an update on my own comic, or possibly let them know of something that i found on deviantart or uploaded to my DA page; would I have to ask permission before doing so? Or would that be alright?

Once again I apologize about forgetting a rule... (is ashamed)

Don't worry! Just try to keep the rule in mind and you should be fine. smile.gif

To answer your question, double-posting is allowed in your own art or fan-works topics to let people know that you've updated something. For instance, if you made a topic called "39-TheWolf's Graphics", you can double post there to say "I've uploaded another picture!" For any other situations, you should ask permission before double-posting.

If you want to bring up an abuse (I assume you mean to say you found something offensive), the best thing to do would be to PM an admin.

Thank you for asking! Please feel free to post here or PM me if you have any more questions. smile.gif

+Quote Post
JeromeGDW
post Oct 28 2009, 12:31 AM
Post #15

You were always my favorite..
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,073

Jerome gets the rules now =]

+Quote Post
Flann
post Nov 1 2009, 09:54 PM
Post #16

Retired Administrator
Group Icon

Rule #10 has been updated. Please read!

And please, please keep in mind that "click to make me grow" images, such as eggs that hatch, characters that level up, etc count as images, and thus count towards your two-image restriction!

+Quote Post
Frozenstar
post Nov 1 2009, 10:02 PM
Post #17

talk shit get hit
Group Icon

Member No.: 419

So does that mean that you can't have Ginga smilies like silver.gif or just a face like tongue.gif or ohmy.gif in your sig?

This post has been edited by Frozenstar: Nov 1 2009, 10:02 PM

+Quote Post
Flann
post Nov 1 2009, 10:07 PM
Post #18

Retired Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Frozenstar @ Nov 1 2009, 03:02 PM) *
So does that mean that you can't have Ginga smilies like silver.gif or just a face like tongue.gif or ohmy.gif in your sig?

Both of those types of emoticons count as images in signatures. smile.gif
However, Punjab came up with a creative way to get around this rule - you can take all the emoticons you want to put in your signature, assemble them in an image, and upload that new image in your signature, as long as it remains within the size limit. This could be done as simply as making a post with those emoticons, previewing that post, and printscreening it.

+Quote Post
JeromeGDW
post Nov 4 2009, 09:47 PM
Post #19

You were always my favorite..
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,073

Flann is my signature to long?

+Quote Post
Flann
post Nov 4 2009, 10:38 PM
Post #20

Retired Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (JeromeGDW @ Nov 4 2009, 03:47 PM) *
Flann is my signature to long?

Your signature has too many images. You are only allowed 2 images, and you have 4.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 12:30 PM