IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Welcome to Ginga board
Members must read the board rules before posting.

GingaSite | Free Image Galleries | Link to us | Board Masterlist | Futago Shop
Ginga Archives: Tracon 2011 | Animecon 2012

Year 6: Issue 5 of The Ginga Guardian is now online!

Want to be the board's new RPG development team? We need some experts!

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Rules and Mission Statement, New Members Must Read
kaz
post Sep 2 2011, 05:14 PM
Post #161

People are like Slinkies. They're fun to push down stairs
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 842

I just have a question- is it okay to double post in your own support topic to update everyone on what's going on?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Arano
post Sep 10 2011, 04:39 PM
Post #162

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (kaz @ Sep 2 2011, 05:14 PM) *
I just have a question- is it okay to double post in your own support topic to update everyone on what's going on?

It is okay to do an update post if your last post in the topic is 24hrs old or more. (:#

Dodge - As its in the LOTPW topic, it breaks this rule as it is a useless post:
3. Talkin lyke dis AND IN CAPS is acceptable in small amounts in this game ONLY. However, please do not do this excessively. Though this game is in the spam section, making overly-useless posts (for example: "jkhselcbfgrlkrefd") over and over again in either one post or multiple posts is not allowed.

If someone in particular is doing this as a habit, the post needs to be reported.

Also, when I ask members to show me what they mean, I need a link to the post rather than a description of where it is. It saves time (;

+Quote Post
Sakujo
post Oct 1 2011, 04:26 PM
Post #163

Troll Berserker
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

I've seen something like this last time but I'm not sure if this breaks the rules or not.
We all know that quote-only posts or quotes and writing "THIS" or "I agree" is a quote spamming and is forbridden, but are posts like "I agree with XXX" against the rules too? For me it's something like quote spamming but without quoting.

+Quote Post
Arano
post Oct 1 2011, 05:09 PM
Post #164

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Sakujo @ Oct 1 2011, 04:26 PM) *
I've seen something like this last time but I'm not sure if this breaks the rules or not.
We all know that quote-only posts or quotes and writing "THIS" or "I agree" is a quote spamming and is forbridden, but are posts like "I agree with XXX" against the rules too? For me it's something like quote spamming but without quoting.

If someone wants to say that they agree with someone else, I don't think we can tell them that they can't say they support their opinion. The point of us disallowing quote-only posts is that it really isn't hard to say yourself that you agree, rather than duplicating what they have written to signify that (:

+Quote Post
Gingastar
post Oct 1 2011, 05:25 PM
Post #165

Those who stand for nothing, fall for everything.
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE (Sakujo @ Oct 1 2011, 11:26 AM) *

I really agree with this...especially if the last post in a topic was in 2009,but then again like Arano said,If someone wants to say that they agree with someone else, I don't think we can tell them that they can't say

This post has been edited by Gingastar: Oct 1 2011, 05:25 PM

+Quote Post
darkpheonixchild
post Jan 5 2012, 12:12 PM
Post #166

OFFLINE FOR A WHILE WILL REPLY in 1-4 days
Group Icon

Member No.: 374

Something has been bugging me and I wanted to know if it is okay.

On some parts of the board I have seen when no one post anything for a day, few days to a few months, people double posting and only writing

'bump'

to bump the topic and get it notice again. Is that allowed or not as to me that could be seen as spamming and I wanted to know if that allowed or not. I think it is kinda spam as they are not adding anything to the topic and just putting bump on more then a few post in a row at times. I know other site do this a lot and I have seen it a bit here so I wanted to check.

Is bumping topic like that allowed? or does that come in the double post and spamming rule?

This post has been edited by darkpheonixchild: Jan 5 2012, 12:22 PM

+Quote Post
Arano
post Jan 5 2012, 08:26 PM
Post #167

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (darkpheonixchild @ Jan 5 2012, 11:12 AM) *
Something has been bugging me and I wanted to know if it is okay.

On some parts of the board I have seen when no one post anything for a day, few days to a few months, people double posting and only writing

'bump'

to bump the topic and get it notice again. Is that allowed or not as to me that could be seen as spamming and I wanted to know if that allowed or not. I think it is kinda spam as they are not adding anything to the topic and just putting bump on more then a few post in a row at times. I know other site do this a lot and I have seen it a bit here so I wanted to check.

Is bumping topic like that allowed? or does that come in the double post and spamming rule?

Bumping is against our rules, because bumping literally means just pushing the topic to the top of the board using the word "bump" for no other reason than to draw attention to it.

Activating a topic on Ginga Board is fine and correct if:
- You have a topic where you want to alert members to updates. For example, posting new artwork.
- Many forums don't allow you to post and activate old topics. So for example, finding a topic where the last post is from a year ago. As long as your comment is valid to the discussion, it is perfectly fine to bring a topic back from the dead.
^ Neither of these are classed as topic-bumping.

I can't imagine why anyone would need to bump a topic here. I don't suppose anyone could link me to an example?

+Quote Post
darkpheonixchild
post Jan 5 2012, 08:34 PM
Post #168

OFFLINE FOR A WHILE WILL REPLY in 1-4 days
Group Icon

Member No.: 374

QUOTE (Arano @ Jan 5 2012, 07:26 PM) *
Bumping is against our rules, because bumping literally means just pushing the topic to the top of the board using the word "bump" for no other reason than to draw attention to it.

Activating a topic on Ginga Board is fine and correct if:
- You have a topic where you want to alert members to updates. For example, posting new artwork.
- Many forums don't allow you to post and activate old topics. So for example, finding a topic where the last post is from a year ago. As long as your comment is valid to the discussion, it is perfectly fine to bring a topic back from the dead.
^ Neither of these are classed as topic-bumping.

I can't imagine why anyone would need to bump a topic here. I don't suppose anyone could link me to an example?

Thanks you for clearing that up for me C: I thought it best check, since I know a few site that is okay. Once I had seen it done I thought it might have been okay.

I have only seen it twice I think so it's not happening much which is good ^^. But I just wanted to double check it.

This post has been edited by darkpheonixchild: Jan 5 2012, 09:19 PM

+Quote Post
Arano
post Jan 9 2012, 09:02 PM
Post #169

Administrator
Group Icon

Updated the rules and added the staff list. In red is what has been added to encompass recent issues (:

1. Respect each other. We take this rule very seriously. This includes respecting others’ religions, nationalities, sexual orientations, opinions, suggestions, abilities, disabilities and personal privacy. For example, saying “That’s so gay/retarded", or using other derogatory slurs is unacceptable. Disrespecting the staff outside of GingaBoard will also get you into trouble here.

We didn't want to go and list slurs so hopefully this will cover it. Personal privacy has also been added as what we would like you to respect; this simply means not to publicly bring issues you may have with fellow members off-board, onto the board. It is not our place to monitor private squabbles like we have been forced to in the past, and it is not anyone's place to openly name and shame someone else in plain view and involve others either. We think it's nice that people make friends here and can continue socializing off the board, but it is a great stress to us when fall-outs occur and we have to be referees, you know? We don't like having to poke our nose in other people's business!

Thankfully "drama" of this nature hasn't happened for a long time, but the mention in the rules is long overdue. (:

4. Do not spam. Spamming is posting a topic or post with no discussion potential. Spamming includes (but is not limited to) posting a new topic if a similar topic already exists (use the search function or browse the board before making a new topic), posting a topic in the wrong section (if you have a question about where something goes, PM one of the admins and ask), posting anything other than bids or questions in auction topics, posting text in the Free Image Galleries, and quote-only posts/unnecessary topic bumping.

This is just to correct the bumping concern. In each area that needs it we do state in their rules the nature of updating/double-posting that is allowed and when. But as a general rule, if it's unnecessary, then there's no need.

You're free to question these updates/ask for clarification if anything is unclear.

+Quote Post
Little My
post Feb 21 2012, 03:35 PM
Post #170

"There's more to me than meets the eye"
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,377

I have been wondering abot one of the rules
QUOTE (Flann @ Apr 10 2008, 01:51 PM) *
GingaBoard Rules and Mission Statement
3. Do not double post (this means posting one post right after another of your own posts). Edit your previous post instead.

It could be nice with some lead what is allowed
Since for some parts in the board there is alright to post double post or more
Like update on the auctions

But there have been post (from same user/member) a from minuets, hour apart to days and so one
I don't now if another's is a bit thoughtful about this rule, but at lest I'm

A other thing
It's nice that you guys update about 1. Respect each other

But is it allowed to talk about seller or buyer on the web ?
Like Ebay, Japanese Yahoo and other auction sites

There is a different to recommend a site, seller and so one
But if the deal, like a auction gone wrong .
Is that allowed to talk about the Seller/buyer, site here at the board ?

Or if a seller don't want to sell to a person here on the board, for cause like early experience (like outside the board). Is that alright to excuse buyers/people who want to buy from a seller ?
Or is that a way of disrespect of the boards rules ?

+Quote Post
Arano
post Feb 21 2012, 07:47 PM
Post #171

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Little My @ Feb 21 2012, 02:35 PM) *
I have been wondering abot one of the rules

It could be nice with some lead what is allowed
Since for some parts in the board there is alright to post double post or more
Like update on the auctions

But there have been post (from same user/member) a from minuets, hour apart to days and so one
I don't now if another's is a bit thoughtful about this rule, but at lest I'm

A other thing
It's nice that you guys update about 1. Respect each other

But is it allowed to talk about seller or buyer on the web ?
Like Ebay, Japanese Yahoo and other auction sites

There is a different to recommend a site, seller and so one
But if the deal, like a auction gone wrong .
Is that allowed to talk about the Seller/buyer, site here at the board ?

Or if a seller don't want to sell to a person here on the board, for cause like early experience (like outside the board). Is that alright to excuse buyers/people who want to buy from a seller ?
Or is that a way of disrespect of the boards rules ?

I'm really sorry, but I don't understand your english very well ^^' you might have to clarify a few things if I get them wrong.

With double-posting it should be self-explanatory in the auction section. If you have an important update, then of course it's fine to post an update if you were the last one who posted. It's just simply not okay to continually double-post for no reason other than not understanding how to use the quote/reply buttons.

If someone on the board doesn't want to sell to another member for a particular reason, it's not against the board rules if they explain why they are refusing to sell to them in a PM. We're not an official auction site so we have no buyer or seller protection, and it's in each members own interest to conduct themselves safely in buying and selling. If there are problems concerning mishandling of money, purposeful theft or fraudulent behaviour, than I must be PMed immediately. To stay safe when buying and selling, using ebay and paypal are the best ways to do this as you are guaranteed protection from both companies if something goes wrong within their allotted timeframe in which you can file disputes. No such protection exists if you are selling on GingaBoard without using an external website.

You can talk about outside sellers and buyers in the feedback section if you think it is relevant for the board to know about it and be wary of certain sellers/usernames on ebay, YJ, etc. This section is for both positive and negative feedback.

+Quote Post
Arano
post Feb 21 2012, 07:49 PM
Post #172

Administrator
Group Icon

So for example, posting this is double posting. Posting straight after myself just as I've posted. It's unnecessary posting that the rule refers to (:

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 05:58 PM